Research in Progress
- Bezemer, D., & Zhang, L. From boom to bust in the credit cycle: the role of mortgage credit. (SOM Research Reports; Vol. 14025-GEM). Groningen: University of Groningen, SOM research school.
- Bezemer, D., & Samarina, A. (2016). Debt Shift, Financial Development and Income Inequality in Europe. (SOM Research Reports; Vol. 16020-GEM). University of Groningen, SOM research school.
- Samarina, A., Zhang, L., & Bezemer, D. (2015). Mortgages and Credit Cycle Divergence in Eurozone Economies. (SOM Research Reports; Vol. 15021-GEM). Groningen: University of Groningen, SOM research school.
- Zhang, L., & Bezemer, D.. A global house of debt effect? Mortgages and post-crisis recessions in fifty economies. (SOM Research Reports; Vol. 15009-GEM). Groningen: University of Groningen, SOM research school.
- Rozite, K., Bezemer, D. J., & Jacobs, J. P. A. M. Towards a financial cycle for the US, 1973-2014. (SOM Research Reports; Vol. 16013-GEM). Groningen: University of Groningen, SOM research school.
International refereed journals
- (2016) Finance and Growth in China, 1995-2013: more liquidity or more development? with L Zhang. Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, 9(3), 613-631
- (2016) Do capital flows change domestic credit allocation?, with A Samarina. Journal of International Money and Finance, 62, 98-121
- (2016) Towards an ‘accounting view’ on money, banking and the macroeconomy: history, empirics, theory. Cambridge Journal of Economics, 40(5), 1275–129
- (2016). Finance is not the Economy: Reviving the Conceptual Distinction, with Hudson, M. Journal of Economic Issues, 50(3), 745-768.
- (2016) More mortgages, Lower Growth? , with M. Grydaki and L. Zhang. Economic Inquiry, 54(1), 652-674.
- (2014) The Functional Differentiation of Credit. Journal of Evolutionary Economics (24):935-950
- (2014) Financial fragility in the Great Moderation, with Maria Grydaki. Journal of Banking & Finance, 49, 169-177
- (2013) The Role of Credit in the Great Moderation: A Multivariate GARCH Approach, with Maria Grydaki. Journal of Banking and Finance 37(11), 4615-4626
- (2012) The Economy as a Complex System: The Balance Sheet Dimension. Advances in Complex Systems 15(5):1-22
- (2012) Incorporating the Rentier Sectors into a Financial Model. World Economic Review 1(1): 1-12, with M Hudson
- (2010) Understanding Financial Crisis Through Accounting Models. Accounting, Organizations and Society, 26: 676-688
- (2011) The Credit Crisis and Recession as a Paradigm Test. Journal of Economic Issues 45(1): 1-18.
- (2009) This is not a credit crisis, it's a debt crisis. Economic Affairs 29(3): 95-97
- (2003) Credit Allocation and Enterprise Structures in the Czech RepublicComparative Economic Studies (45), 25-43
- (2001) Post-Socialist Financial Fragility: the Case of Albania. Cambridge Journal of Economics 25(1) 1-23
Other academic publications
Presentations and Keynotes